Request for Proposal: Outdoor Art Installations for 'Art in the Woods'
The Arbor Day Foundation is currently accepting proposals from artists interested in creating nature-inspired outdoor art as part of the ongoing Art in the Woods installation at the Arbor Day Farm Tree Adventure attraction in Nebraska City, Nebraska.
The Foundation is seeking proposals for outdoor art installations that draw inspiration from nature, emphasize conservation and the responsible use/re-use of natural materials, and demonstrate the interconnectedness of the natural world.
Proposals that support the expression of art within the context of a natural setting, invite the spirit of play, visitor interaction, and sensory engagement are especially encouraged.
Up to six (6) nature-inspired artworks will be approved by the Selection Committee for installation at Arbor Day Farm Tree Adventure. A stipend of $2,000 per work will be awarded to the selected artists. Installation of the pieces is expected to begin in April 2012 and must be completed by June 15, 2012.
The goals of the Art in the Woods exhibition are to:
- Create an educational and entertaining opportunity for visitors to experience the natural world through all five senses: sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell.
- Help visitors connect these natural works of art with the natural setting of the Tree Adventure.
- Inspire visitors of all ages, from all walks of life, and from around the globe to make deeper personal connections with trees and the natural world.
Artists interested in creating a work of nature-inspired art for the Art in the Woods exhibit should submit the following materials by February 15, 2012:
- A narrative and drawing(s) describing the concept, including information such as medium, finish, and approximate dimensions. Narrative should address any specific requirements for the work (lighting, electrical, etc).
- Project budget including all costs
- Timetable for the project
- Contact information
- Any support materials – examples/reviews of other works, artist statement, etc.
*Mailed proposals only, please. Mailed proposals should include a paper hard copy accompanied by a CD containing PDFs and high-resolution JPEG images. Faxed and e-mailed proposals will not be accepted.
Please contact Susan Freshman at Arbor Day Farm Tree Adventure:
(402) 873-8717 or email Susan.