Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work and volunteer for our organization. We are dedicated to bringing the arts to everyone in our community. If you have a desire to share your creative energies with our community, we would love to work with you!
Current Job Openings
UpstArt Teaching Artist (Contractual)
The Lincoln Arts Council has an educational and community partnerships program called upstArt that provides arts based educational programs in the city of Lincoln. Our mission is to champion the use of arts as a tool for both personal and community development for all Lioncolnites by presenting and supporting quality programs in schools and community settings. You can learn more about upstArt here.
We are continually recruiting qualified teaching artists in order to manage and grow a diverse roster of qualified teaching artists representing a variety of arts disciplines, including visual arts, music, theatre, dance and film.
If you are interested in becoming an affiliated LAC teaching artist, we encourage you to apply. Please submit a teaching artist application here. We will review your application materials and set up an interview.
- Individual artists, artists’ ensembles, or companies may apply
- Must not be a full-time student
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Demonstrate artistic excellence as evidenced by samples of work, training and experience, resume, and letters of recommendation
- Ability to develop and implement a sequential residency plan with education or community partners.
- Ability to identify and collect documentation, including photography, video, interviews, questionnaires, and be agreeable to classroom observation
- Ability, if applicable, to present culturally specific arts as evidenced by work samples and observations
- Experience, interest, and the ability to work with adults and children, as applicable, including special needs populations.
- Teaching artists are paid a minimum of $50/hour, including planning, travel and meeting time
- LAC is responsible for the costs of all materials used in the residency.