Passion. That’s the common attribute of those that work and volunteer for our organization. We are dedicated to bringing the arts to everyone in our community. If you have a desire to share your creative energies with our community, we would love to work with you!
Current Job Openings
Events Manager (Posted 10.15.21)
Position Overview: Organizes recurring Lincoln Arts Council events including: the Mayor’s Arts Awards, Lincoln Arts Festival, and Arts Organization services including Arts Round Tables. Performs a variety of promotion and marketing tasks. This position also provides administrative and operations support, as needed.
- Plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Develop suggestions to enhance event success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Recruit and oversee volunteers
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Supervise all event partners (performers, caterers, activity providers, etc.)
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports
- Serve as an ambassador for LAC at local networking events
Communications & Marketing Manager (posted 10.15.21)
Position Overview: This half time (20hrs/week) position manages all social media, email marketing, website, and all digital and visual marketing assets, to move the LAC mission forward and motivate and engage our followers, donors and arts community. In addition, s/he will work with the Executive Director and Event Manager to promotion of special events, including the Lincoln Arts Festival, Mayor’s Arts Awards, and other events throughout the year. This position also provides administrative and operations support, as needed.
- Creates a fresh, on-message posting schedule on our primary social media sites – Facebook & Instagram - including static imagery and video content
- Creates Facebook events for all upcoming events
- Oversight of other social media outlets as needed
- Monitoring and answering all messages that come through social media in a timely manner
- Monitor social media mentions and followers
- Create & maintain a social media calendar
- Responsible for overall design of Lincoln Arts Council and Lincoln Arts Festival websites.
- Update website weekly ensuring all content is relevant and current including upcoming events (fundraising & programming) on website calendar, LAC News & Stories.
- Completes marketing and PR requests as determined by the need of the organization including but not limited to flyers, donation appeals, event materials, mass emails & e-newsletters.
- Creates brand awareness as well as consistency within marketing and communication pieces. Ensuring all materials use proper fonts, colors logos & language.
- Design merchandise (primarily t-shirts/sweatshirts) for events.
- Completes all media and press releases on events and activities under the guidance of the Executive Director.
- Participates in process of determining need for and best use of paid use of press releases and marketing.
- Serve as an ambassador for LAC at local networking events.
AEP6 Project Manager - temporary 14 month contract position (posted 10.15.21)
Position Overview: The Lincoln Arts Council will partner with Americans for the Arts (AFTA) in a national study of the economic impact of the arts in communities during the 2022 calendar year. This is the 5th study that LAC has participated in.
- Works with approximately 45 arts/culture organizations in Lincoln to create a plan for collecting audience-intercept surveys. This involves multiple contacts with arts organizations to ensure that the surveys are completed.
- Creates copies of survey tool and delivers/sets up the survey process as needed at the venue.
- Assists with getting audiences to fill out the survey as allowed before/after the event. Some venues do this themselves.
- Collects surveys and sends to AFTA quarterly. Minimum survey amount is 800. LAC collected 1500 for the last AEP study.
- Creates comprehensive list of eligible nonprofit arts and cultural organizations to send to AFTA. This information becomes the basis for identifying organizations to complete the organizational survey.
- Works with the arts community in completing their organizational survey.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the subject line. In your cover letter, please indicate where you learned of the position. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled, which will not be before [four weeks out from posting.]