LAC Project Grants
The Lincoln Arts Council (LAC) receives proposals mid-October through early December. Only applications from LAC member, nonprofit arts organizations are eligible for funding. For more information about LAC Arts Organization Memberships or LAC Project Grants, please contact Donna Dahlsten, Development Assistant at 402-434-2787 or email@example.com. The grants are designed to assist in the sustainability of current programming or to fund new ideas that provide arts opportunities in our diverse community.
Funding for the LAC Project Grants is possible thanks to a generous gift from an endowment established by the estate of Kenneth J. Good. We offer our heartfelt thanks to Mr. Good for his generosity and vision for a future filled with beauty.
How to Apply for an LAC Project Grant - Deadline 12/17/2021
In keeping with its mission “championing the arts, connecting people, changing lives,” the Lincoln Arts Council is pleased to award grants to support arts projects in Lincoln. This funding can support any expense directly related with the project, except for those expenses itemized below under Restrictions. Grants will be awarded in amounts up to $750.
Applications will be accepted starting October 18, 2021 and must be submitted online no later than December 17, 2021. Projects that receive funding must occur between February 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022. Notification of funding will occur by January 31, 2022. A final report is due to LAC by February 15, 2023.
The deadline for submissions is December 17, 2021.
1. Applicant organization must be an arts organization (50% or more of budget is allocated for arts programming).
2. Applicant organization must be a current member of the LAC. Not a member yet? Arts Org Member Application can be accessed using this link.
3. Applicant organization must be a 501(c).
4. The project must benefit Lincoln.
5. Requests must not exceed $750 although the request may be used to supplement a larger budget.
1. Arts projects or programs of the highest quality.
2. Arts projects or programs that reflect creativity and innovation.
3. Arts projects or programs which show cultural and generational diversity in programming.
4. Programs for under-resourced children and youth.
Applications are reviewed and scored by panelists on the following criteria:
1. Community impact, especially for under-resourced audiences. (40%)
2. Experience of the organization and/or experience and qualifications of artists and administrators of the project. (30%)
3. Inclusive programming: events or programs that include audiences from diverse cultural, demographic, geographic and economic backgrounds. (30%)
4. Additional scoring points will be given to projects not previously funded by an LAC Project Grant.
The grant will not fund the following:
- The purchase of equipment and/or software.
- Reception or per diem expenses.
- Faith-based (liturgical) programming.
- Training expenses.